Graham Chapman's Highgate haunt gets a refurb
- Credit: Angel Inn
A historical Highgate Village pub has reopened following refurbishment.
The Angel Inn has a new bar, soft furnishings and an outdoor dining area.
A new menu includes a bottomless brunch every Saturday, serving any breakfast dish with either bottomless prosecco or Camden Hells lager.
The pub, which dates back to 1888, was a regular haunt of Monty Python's Graham Chapman.
A plaque honouring Chapman was put up in 2012, when his friend and colleague Michael Palin said: “This was Graham’s manor. I spent many happy times with him, most of which I forget. This is where he was and we use to come up to see him here.
“Highgate was his patch and he should be celebrated because he was a very good, brilliant, funny, nice, wise, kind man, who occasionally drank too much.”
Other famous patrons spotted there have included Kinks frontman Ray Davies.
As part of the relaunch, five new jobs have been created at the pub.
- 1 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 2 'Wet End Lane': Leak could take five days to fix
- 3 Graham Chapman's Highgate haunt gets a refurb
- 4 West Hampstead man fatally stabbed in Ealing
- 5 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 6 Review: Moreish Mediterranean cuisine at Muswell Hill cafe with roastery
- 7 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 8 'No one hurt' as branch crashes to ground at Hampstead Heath
- 9 Elderly disabled woman 'racially abused' on Camden bus
- 10 'Conte, Richarlison and a hard-fought Spurs point at Chelsea'
General manager Rachel George, said: “The team and I can’t wait to welcome you into the refurbished Angel Inn.”